Paying for Services
Paying for Services
There are many ways to pay for the care you receive from CHP. Below, we’ve outlined payment options for patients who have insurance coverage — including All Kids, Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance — as well as for patients without health insurance.
Patients without insurance may be eligible to receive services at a reduced fee. CHP serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered depending on family size and income. We also offer assistance applying for insurance.
Medicaid managed care
- We accept most third-party insurance, including all Illinois Managed Care health plans, Medicare and Medicaid insurance plans. If you have no income and no insurance, no problem. A sliding fee scale program is in place and charges are based on your family size and income.
- CHP offers assistance and resources for applying for All Kids, Medicaid and many other programs. Please do not hesitate to ask us for assistance.
- CHP accepts Medicare for services. Please bring your Medicare card with you to your visit.
- CHP currently accepts several private or commercial insurance plans. Please present your insurance card at the time of registration and at every visit. Some types of services may not be reimbursed by your private insurance plan.
- Our staff can assist in determining which services are covered by your insurance. If you would like assistance in understanding the benefits your insurance provides, please bring a copy of your insurance card to the clinic.
Sliding fee scale discounts program (SFSDP)
- Patients may be eligible to receive a sliding fee scale discount for services. Eligibility for the sliding fee scale discount is based on family size and income. Please bring verification of all sources of income for all adult members of your family. Our staff will determine the discount for which you are eligible.
CHP Accepts the following documents as income verification:
- Income tax returns
- A letter from your employer verifying your employment and pay rate
- Check stubs from current employer(s)
- Social Security, disability, retirement or veterans benefit statements
- Military benefits
- Unemployment benefit statements
- W-2 form(s)
- 1099 form(s)
- Nursing home, assisted living income verification form
- Self-declaration of no income — a zero income affidavit signed by the patient and/or family members
Sliding fee discounts do not cover all services
- Patients must pay all additional charges within sixty (60) days of service.
Patients who are not eligible for sliding fee scale discount or who choose not to provide verification of income to determine if they are eligible for SFSD
- Patients must pay for their care within thirty (30) days from the date of service.
Assistance with paying for charges due
- Patients who cannot pay the full amount due can contact CHP for assistance with arranging a payment plan or applying for reduced or waived charges.
- A 10 percent discount for payment made at the time of service is available. The prompt pay discount does not apply to insurance co-pays.
- CHP has certified application counselors available to assist you in determining your eligibility for insurance, including Medicaid and insurance available in the federal marketplace (under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)) as well as other assistance programs. Please call today to set up an appointment for more information.