Health outreach and screening
Our dedicated outreach teams frequently visit the farms and nurseries where our agricultural worker patients spend most of their days. We are welcomed on-site by their employers because of the positive relationships we’ve nurtured with them over the years.
We also team up to do outreach with various community partners, including Migrant Education Program recruiters and Head Start Family Service coordinators.
Our outreach efforts focus on:
- Establishing trust within the communities we serve so we can guide and educate them on relevant health issues.
- Enrolling patients and their families in our programs so they can see a healthcare professional whenever they need care.
- Conducting health risk assessments, including an inventory of health behaviors that impact health status, so we can offer appropriate guidance to reduce health risks and enable patients to live healthier lives.
- Providing health screenings like blood pressure, blood glucose screening and HIV testing so patients can begin follow-up as soon as possible.
- Assisting with related services like enrollment assistance for the ACA Marketplace, All Kids, Medicaid, WIC and SNAP, so our patients receive the support they need.