For several years during Women’s History Month, Nonprofit HR has proudly recognized women across North America who have made significant contributions to nonprofits, associations, foundations, social enterprises and the communities they serve. This year, they called on their expanded community to help identify and recognize outstanding women who accomplish the seemingly impossible against all odds. A record-breaking number of individuals responded to the call for nominations and the finalists are listed below. Among them are Eleace Sawyers, Chief Executive Officer of Community Health Partnership of Illinois, and 19 other professional women who have exhibited extraordinary leadership, unwavering dedication and impactful achievements. Additional details on the finalists may be seen here.
- Amy L. Hinojosa — President and CEO, MANA, A National Latina Organization
- Andrea Lovanhill — Chief Executive Officer, Committee for Children
- Angela C. Caraway — Executive Director, The Caraway Foundation
- Bianca Anderson — Co-CEO, ProInspire
- Cynthia Buiza — Executive Director, California Immigration Policy Center
- Eleace Sawyers — Chief Executive Officer, Community Health Partnership of Illinois
- Faith Boettger — Development Officer, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Foundation
- Jennifer Cartland — Interim Executive Director and Consultant, Reach Incorporated
- Kavita Mehra — Executive Director, Sakhi for South Asian Women
- Kenyetta McCurdy-Byrd — Chief Executive Officer, REACH Riverside Redevelopment Corporation
- Koua Franz — Chief Strategy Officer, Committee for Children
- Kristin O’Malley — President and CEO, The Cape Cod Foundation
- Linda Lockhart — Founder & CEO, Global Give Back Circle
- Luana Vaetoe — Chief Executive Officer, Becoming Independent
- Michelle Brier — Vice President of Marketing and Development, BluePath Service Dogs, Inc.
- Rosemary C. Jordan — Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Vision Foundation
- Sarah Williams — Staff Attorney, Rubicon Programs
- Shawna Young — Executive Director, The Scratch Foundation
- Susana Eshleman — President and CEO, Children International
- Terri L. White — Chief Executive Officer, Mental Health Association Oklahoma
ABOUT NONPROFIT HR:
Nonprofit HR is the country’s leading and oldest firm focused exclusively on the talent management needs of social impact organizations. We focus our efforts on project-based human resources consulting, HR outsourcing, talent acquisition, and executive search. Nonprofit HR also offers customized trainings, research and events, all with the objective of strengthening the people management capacity of the workforce. Since 2000, our staff of credentialed experts have advanced the impact of some of the world’s most influential brands in the sector. Learn more at www.nonprofithr.com.